Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Frito Nachos

This recipe is one of those "I'm hungry so let's just throw something together" recipes. Super quick. Really easy. Fantastically yummy. The perfect trifecta. 
Plus, it's my favorite type of food. Mexican. My go to comfort food. I made this dish the night after my family left. My family lives in 3 different states: North Carolina, South Carolina, and Georgia. It use to be 4 until grandpa moved back to Georgia. Once a year, we make it a point to spend a weekend together. So, I needed some good ole comfort food after they left. 
I hope your family enjoys this dish as much as we did. Happy eating !

Frito Nachos
You will need: 
1 bag of corn chips
1 lb ground turkey 
1 yellow bell pepper, diced
1 small yellow onion, diced
1 clove garlic, minced
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 packet gluten free taco seasoning 
1/4 cup gluten free vegetable broth 
2 cups shredded hot pepper cheese
1 cup salsa, your choice
Dollop sour cream (optional)


Directions:

--> In a large skillet, brown meat with peppers, onions, garlic, and black beans. Season with taco seasoning and adding broth as needed. 
--> Prepare your plates by layering corn chips and cheese. Microwave for 15-20 seconds. Place meat mixture on top, sprinkle cheese and microwave for 20-30 seconds, until cheese is melted. 
--> Dollop with salsa and, or sour cream. 
--> Prep time: 20-30 minutes. Feeds: 2-3 people.