Roasted Pumpkin seeds

Fall. My favorite time of year. The leaves changing from brilliant green to muted shades of yellow, orange and burgundy. Cool, crisp nights. Warm days. Blue jeans, sweaters. Not to mention the smells and wonderful fall foods...pumpkins, cinnamon, warm apple crisps.

Yesterday, my husband and I carved our pumpkin.


We found the perfect pumpkin at the local grocer. Not too big, not too small. Round with a good stem. Most importantly, plenty of seeds. My husband and I both have fond childhood memories of eating roasted pumpkin seeds after carving the pumpkin. Hence this next, very simple, recipe for Roasted pumpkin seeds.

Seeds from pumpkin and Salt


-->Clean seeds from pumpkin goo (stringy slimy stuff that we fondly call pumpkin guts)
-->Wash and set on towel to dry in a single layer.


-->Remove any leftover goo and place in a single layer on a baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt.


 -->Bake at 275* for 1 hour. Enjoy!

**For a sweeter version, I was thinking about melting 1 stick of butter, adding 1/8 cup of brown sugar and a 1 tsp of Cinnamon. Coating the pumpkin seeds in mixture and roasting at the same temp and time.**

Comments

Popular Posts