In creating this meal, I combined the traditional base of the bruschetta with chicken and a gluten free pasta. A quick and simple meal to please just about everyone palates. Happy Eating!
Bruschetta Chicken Pasta
You will need:
1 box gluten free rigatoni pasta (cooked precisely according to directions)
2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes, julianne
1 small yellow onion, diced
3 large cloves of garlic
2 large handfuls of fresh baby spinach
1 can diced fire roasted tomatoes
Salt, Pepper to taste
6 fresh leaves of basil, julianned
1/2 cup gluten free vegetable broth
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 stick of butter ( Yes, you read that correctly, one stick)
1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil on med-hi. Saute chicken, onions, 1 garlic clove, and sun dried tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper.
- When onions are soft, add fire roasted tomatoes and 1/4 cup of broth. Let simmer.
- As the chicken simmers, cook the pasta. When the pasta is cooked and drained, add the spinach and 1/4 cup broth to chicken, cover and simmer.
- In the hot pasta sauce pan, melt 1 stick of butter with garlic, basil and 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese. When butter is melted, mix in pasta and then add to chicken.
- Mix together and sprinkle the remainder of Parmesan cheese.Serve with a nice red wine.
- Total cooking time: 30 minutes. Serves:4 people.
- Happy Eating!