This recipe is a perfect warm meal for the cool months ahead. Full of delicious ingredients and easy to make, My husband was pleasantly surprised with this stew. I hope your family will enjoy it as much as we did. Happy Eating!
White Bean, Sausage, and Spinach Stew
You will need:
1 large can of Cannelloni beans, rinsed and drained
1 package of Aidell Chicken and Apple sausage, sliced
2 large handfuls of baby spinach
1 clove of garlic, minced
1/2 onion, diced
1/2 large zucchini, diced
2 cups vegetable broth
2 Tbsp Olive oil
Salt and Pepper to taste
1 tsp thyme
- In a large deep skillet, on med-hi heat, heat oil and add sliced sausage, zucchini, onions, and garlic. Saute for 10 minutes, then add 1/2 cup vegetable broth.
- Add beans and let simmer for 7 minutes.
- Add 1 cup of vegetable broth, spinach and thyme. Cover and let simmer for 7 minutes.
- Add the remainder of broth and let simmer for another 7 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite gluten free bread and a glass of cider.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 31 minutes
Total: 41 minutes
Serves; 2-4 people