Deconstructed Stuffed Cabbages

Before my lifestyle change and before I married my husband, a northerner. I was not a fan of cabbage in any shape or form. Funny thing is I thought a head of lettuce and a head of green cabbage were the same. I even mixed them up one time when I was young and naive. I bought the cabbage because it was cheaper, thinking it was the same as the lettuce. Yes, not one of my finest moments, but lesson learned.
This is a simple, low carb version of the aristocratic stuffed cabbages, but deconstructed. A one pan, 40 minute or less meals that even the skeptical of cabbage person will enjoy.

Deconstructed Stuffed Cabbages

1 lb ground turkey
1/2 cup carrot sticks
1 garlic clove, minced
1/2 cup diced onions
2 cups shredded green cabbage
2 cups shredded purple cabbage
2 Tbsp Olive oil
2 Tbsp butter
1 large beef tomato, sliced
1 cup vegetable broth

Directions:
-->In a large skillet, heat Olive oil and butter to brown ground turkey.

-->Add carrots, onions, and garlic. Saute until onions are translucent.

-->Add shredded cabbage and cover. Let simmer for 10-15 minutes, until the cabbage is translucent.

-->Add vegetable broth, return cover and simmer for 5 minutes.

-->Serve with the sliced tomatoes. Happy Eating!!





Comments

Popular Posts