Black bean burgers with tomato and avocado salsa

Lately, my husband and I have been on a Mexican food kick. I do believe that in a past life I was Mexican or Spanish. I am in love with this food. I could eat it day and night, everyday and not get tired of it. This new recipe is something that my husband and I have never tired before, even in a restaurant. I have seen many recipes and have had friends try black bean burgers before, but we have not been brave enough to try it yet. Until now...dum, dum, dum....Here are my personal thoughts on this recipe.
I have a texture issue with many foods. It took me years to eat Alfredo sauce because of the creamy texture. It also took me years to eat an avocado because of how creamy it it. I LOVE crunchy stuff and have never had an issue with the crunch, but when it comes to creamy...well, that's a whole other issue.
That being said, my husband loves this new twist on a burger. I, however, will have to try it again to come to a more positive conclusion. The salsa I could eat all day and night and not get tired of it. I hope you will enjoy this recipe as much as my husband and I are.

Black bean burgers with tomato avocado salsa

Black bean burger

  • 1 can black beans
  • 1 small can diced green chiles
  • 1 clove of garlic, chopped
  • 1 green onion
  • 1/2 diced red peppers
  • 1/2 Tbsp taco seasoning
  • lime juice from fresh lime
  • 1/2 cup gluten free bread crumbs
Directions:
  1. In a large skillet, heat 2 Tbsp olive oil on medium heat.
  2. Place all ingredients in a food processor. Pulse until the ingredients just come together. You want the consistency of ground meat.
  3. Form the patties, it should make 4 medium size patties. Place in heated skillet.
  4. Cook each side around 5-7 minutes, a nice crust should form on the outside.
  5. Remove from the skillet and serve with corn tortillas and the tomato avocado salsa.

Tomato Avocado Salsa
  • 1 fresh medium size tomato, seeded and diced
  • 1 ripe avocado, diced
  • lime juice from fresh lime
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 1  green onion
  • 1 tsp olive oil
Directions:
  1. Place all ingredients in a medium size bowl.
  2. Mix and serve with the black bean burgers.

Enjoy!!

Comments

Popular Posts