Spicy Mustard Bacon Chicken with Roasted Potatoes and Brussel Sprouts

I actually can't say where I first found this recipe. I think it was on Pinterest, but I am not quite sure. I just know this recipe is really good and every time I make it, it turns out better than before. I can honestly say that I nailed this recipe, not a Pinterest fail. I could go on and on about some interesting blah blah blah that happened that lead to recreating this recipe, but I'm not going to lie. I found this recipe one day, thought it looked interesting and tried it. It's that simple, and at this point in my life, I need simple. So, from my kitchen you yours...

You will need:

1 lb Chicken breast, diced
4 slices of thick sliced bacon, diced
1/2 cup yellow onion, sliced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/3 cup sweet white wine
3 Tbsp yellow mustard
pinch of salt
pinch of pepper
pinch of thyme
sprinkle of chives
1 cup vegetable broth (GF)

1 lb Brussels sprouts, sliced
1 lb russet potatoes, diced
olive oil
pinch of salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder

Directions:

-->Preheat oven to 425*, place Brussels sprouts and potatoes in a large baking dish, sprinkle with olive oil and season with salt, pepper, paprika, and garlic powder. Roast for 35-40 minutes.
-->In a large skillet on med-hi heat, render bacon and remove to a paper towel to drain.
-->Add chicken and onions to pan, season with salt and pepper. Saute until chicken is fully cooked, adding 1/8 cup of vegetable broth when needed. Add garlic and white wine when chicken is halfway done.
-->Return bacon to pan with remainder of vegetable broth and mustard. Whisk until well incorporated with a fork. Reduce heat and simmer for 5-10 minutes, until sauce reduces.
-->Plate and serve with a brisk white wine. Happy Eating!

Comments

Popular Posts