Pineapple Ham Stir Fry

Pineapple Ham Stir Fry

Since I have been diagnosed with Celiac's disease, there are many a food nationality that I have not been able to enjoy fully. Chinese food is one of the those food nationalities. My husband  and I would eat Chinese food at least once a week, if not more. We discovered that even though I was staying away from the noodles and fried parts, I was still getting sick. Then a very wise person told me it was the soy sauce. I had no idea at the time that soy sauce contained wheat. Luckily for us, there is gluten free soy sauce. My husband and I have been making our Chinese food at home. Not only does it save us money, but also peace of mind for myself.
This is also a great left over dish that I make when I have a big ham. Hope you like this left over dish as much as we did. Happy eating!

You will need:

1 package ham cubes
1 cup frozen peas
1 cup shredded carrots
1 cup diced onions
1 cup diced pineapple
1/4 cup raisins soaked in pineapple juice
1/2 cup peanuts
1 cup cooked Quiona or brown rice
1 tbs Sriracha sauce
1/2 cup pineapple juice
1/2 cup vegetable broth
1 Tbsp Gluten Free Soy sauce
pinch of ginger




To make:

--> Saute onions, peas, and carrots in a medium skillet on med-hi heat for 5 minutes

-->Add ham, pineapple, raisins, and peanuts with spices, Sriracha sauce, and soy sauce; cover and steam for 10-15 minutes, stirring once or twice

-->Add cooked quinoa or rice with vegetable broth and pineapple juice. Cover and steam for 10-15 minutes. Stirring once or twice. 






-->Happy Eating!!








Comments

Popular Posts