Cheesy Beefy Rice
You will need:
1 lb sirloin beef cubes (cut very small)
1 small onion, diced
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 can fire roasted tomatoes
2 handful baby spinach
1 cup vegetable broth
1 1/2 cups cooked rice
2 cups of shredded Colby and cheddar mix. (or hot pepper cheese for some spice)
- Heat a large skillet with 3 Tbsp oil (I use coconut oil) on med-hi.
- Saute onions and brown beef with the spices to taste. Adding a Tbsp or so of vegetable broth when needed.
- When the beef is browned and the onions translucent, add the garlic and tomatoes with another Tbsp or so of the vegetable broth. (The purpose of the broth is to keep the meat from drying out.)
- Simmer for 5 minutes on med-hi, then add the rice. Stir and then add spinach.
- When the spinach starts to wilt, add the cheese slowly, mixing so as not to stick to the bottom of the pan. You may remove the pan from the heat at this junction.
- Let sit for 3-5 minutes before transferring to platter and serving.
- Happy Eating!