White Bean, Sausage and Spinach Stew

As with a lot of my recipes, I have found inspiration on the website Pinterest. For the most part, I reinvent the recipe to make it my own. 9 out of 10 times, I have had to make the recipe gluten free, dairy free, and corn free to fit into my diet plan. As I have said in my disclaimer, I will give credit where credit is due when it comes to the recipes I post. That being said, the original recipe can be found at www.itsmysideoflife.com . Instead of chicken broth, I use vegetable broth. Instead of tomatoes, I use zucchini. Instead of kielbasa, I use Aidell's Chicken and Apple gluten free sausages.
This recipe is a perfect warm meal for the cool months ahead. Full of delicious ingredients and easy to make, My husband was pleasantly surprised with this stew.  I hope your family will enjoy it as much as we did. From my kitchen, to yours.

White Bean, Sausage, and Spinach Stew

You will need:

1 large can of Cannelloni beans, rinsed and drained
1 package of Aidell Chicken and Apple sausage, sliced
1 large package of baby spinach
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 cup yellow onion, diced
2 russet potatoes, diced
2 cups vegetable broth
2 Tbsp Olive oil
Salt and Pepper to taste
1 tsp thyme

Directions:

  • In a large deep skillet, on med-hi heat, heat oil and add sliced sausage, potatoes, onions, and garlic. Saute for 10 minutes, then add 1/2 cup vegetable broth.
  • Add beans and let simmer for 7 minutes. 
  • Add 1 cup of vegetable broth, spinach and thyme. Cover and let simmer for 7 minutes.
  • Add the remainder of broth and let simmer for another 7 minutes.
  • Serve with your favorite gluten free bread and a glass of cider.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 31 minutes
Total: 41 minutes
Serves; 2-4 people

Happy Eating!



Comments

Popular Posts