Swiss Ham Casserole

This recipe is one of the first recipes I created when I first started cooking. I love Mac and cheese has always been a favorite of mine. My grandmothers made the best Mac and cheese. Both very, very different but definitely not out of the box. In fact, they spoiled me such, I can't even  think about eating the boxed stuff. This dish is a twist on the classic, adding ham and tomatoes for a fulfilling casserole the whole family will love. Hope your family enjoys it as much as ours. From my kitchen, to yours.

Swiss Ham Casserole


You will need:
1 Package of ham cubes
1 1/2 cup  Swiss Cheese, shredded
1 package of gluten free shell pasta, cooked according to package
1 package of cherry tomatoes, sliced
1 egg
1/4 cup chilled coconut cream 
2 tablespoons butter, melted
salt and pepper to taste
2 Tbsp Dijon Mustard

Directions:
  •  Preheat oven to 350* and grease large casserole dish.
  • In a medium bowl, with a hand held mixer, beat together egg, coconut cream, butter, 1/2 cup cheese, and Dijon mustard until creamy.   
  • Rinse pasta in cool water, mix in the egg mixture. Add ham and tomatoes with 1/2 cup cheese. 
  • Pour into casserole dish and top with rest of cheese.
  • Bake for 30-40 minutes until cheese is melted. 
  • Enjoy with a nice green salad. 


Comments

Popular Posts