Lemon Basil Chicken with Wilted Greens and Gluten Free Pasta

Browsing either through Pinterest or Facebook one day, I happened upon the inspiration for this recipe. It looked beautiful on the screen of my face. Chicken drenched in lemons and tomatoes. My mouth started watering. I immediately placed it on my menu list for the next weeks menu. I should have also put where I found recipe as well. Hide sight is 20/20, so they say; but if I had the recipe, the one I am about to share with you would not exist.
I hope you and yours enjoy this recipe as much as we have,

Lemon Basil Chicken with Wilted Greens and Gluten Free Pasta

You Will Need:


1 pound Chicken, cooked and shredded
1 container cherry tomatoes, sliced
2 large Lemons
2 cloves garlic
3 cups Spring Salad Mix
5-8 Fresh Basil Leaves, shredded
3 cups vegetable broth
3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
Salt and Pepper to taste
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1 box of pasta, cooked according to directions on box for Al Dente pasta.



Directions:

  • In a large skillet, heat 2 Tbsp olive oil on med-hi heat. Add shredded chicken and garlic. Season with S&P.
  • Slowly add 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth and the juice from one lemon.
  • Let simmer for 10 minutes. 
  • Add tomatoes and the juice from 1/2 lemon, slice the remaining half to add to mix,  and 1 cup vegetable broth. Season with S&P and Italian Seasoning.
  • Let simmer for another 10-15 minutes.
  • Add Spring mix and half basil leaves shredded. 
  • When the spring mix starts to wilt, add remaining vegetable broth and pasta. 
  • Simmer for 5-10 more minutes, stirring frequently. Sprinkle the remaining basil on top of dish before serving.
  • Serve with a nice glass of white wine.
  • Happy Eating! 

Comments

Popular Posts