I hope you and yours enjoy this recipe as much as we have,
Lemon Basil Chicken with Wilted Greens and Gluten Free Pasta
You Will Need:
1 pound Chicken, cooked and shredded
1 container cherry tomatoes, sliced
2 large Lemons
2 cloves garlic
3 cups Spring Salad Mix
5-8 Fresh Basil Leaves, shredded
3 cups vegetable broth
3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
Salt and Pepper to taste
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1 box of pasta, cooked according to directions on box for Al Dente pasta.
- In a large skillet, heat 2 Tbsp olive oil on med-hi heat. Add shredded chicken and garlic. Season with S&P.
- Slowly add 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth and the juice from one lemon.
- Let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and the juice from 1/2 lemon, slice the remaining half to add to mix, and 1 cup vegetable broth. Season with S&P and Italian Seasoning.
- Let simmer for another 10-15 minutes.
- Add Spring mix and half basil leaves shredded.
- When the spring mix starts to wilt, add remaining vegetable broth and pasta.
- Simmer for 5-10 more minutes, stirring frequently. Sprinkle the remaining basil on top of dish before serving.
- Serve with a nice glass of white wine.
- Happy Eating!