Baked Tilapia and Chickpea-Avocado Salad

I am a southerner, as most of you have already discovered. I also live near the ocean and enjoy many of the perks that living here has to offer. One would think that (a,) being from the south and (b,) living near the ocean, I would post more blogs on seafood and sea fare. Let me tell you a little secret; not everyone who lives near the ocean likes seafood, and some of us are allergic to certain types of seafood. (Yes, I am talking about myself.)
Having decided to work our meals from an actual menu two weeks at a time, I committed to indulge my husband with a fish-y affair for one of our meals.So far, Tuna steaks have been the only fish that I could tolerate before today. They had to be cooked in a very precise way and served over a salad for me to even look at it.  Today, we decided to give Tilapia a try. First off, I don't even know how to cook fish; so, I called my sister and she gave me some helpful hints. Secondly, what to serve with said fish was also a mystery to me. My husband and I wanted something light to compliment, so I made a Chickpea-Avocado Salad. This light combo is a perfect welcoming to warmer days ahead. Enjoy!

Baked Tilapia and Chickpea-Avocado Salad


4 Tilapia fillets
1 Tbsp Asian seasoning
Salt and Pepper to taste
cooking spray
1/2 lime


1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1 medium size cucumber, peeled and sliced
1 ripe avocado, cubed
10 cherry tomatoes, halved
Juice from 1/2 lime
1 Tbsp Olive oil
1 tsp Asian seasoning
Salt and Pepper to taste



-->Preheat oven to 425*. Cover a baking sheet with foil and spray with the cooking oil. Place the Tilapia on the baking sheet and season with S&P and Asian Seasoning. Top with lime wedges. Cover the fish with foil and seal the edges. Bake for 15-17 minutes


-->While the fish cooks; combine cucumbers, tomatoes, avocados, and chickpeas in a large bowl. Mix gently.


-->Add lime juice, olive oil, S&P, and Asian seasoning. Mix gently.


-->Remove Tilapia from the oven. To test if the fish is fully cooked, use a fork and gently pull the fish apart. If it comes apart easily, it is done.


-->Serve with a chilled white wine to your favorite person. Happy Eating!!


Comments

Popular Posts