Smothered Chicken with Glazed Carrots

This dish came from a last minute ditch attempt to complete my shopping list and use the ground chicken that I bought for something else that I didn't make. Creativity is my forte and necessity is the mother of  my creativity. Thus, we welcome this new addition to my recipe list.
I was quite pleased with the results. Reminding me of when my husband makes hamburger steak with onions and gravy. Truly, a great alternative to that said dish for those who do not eat beef. I hope you enjoy this dish as much as we do. Enjoy!

Smothered Chicken with Glazed Carrots

1 lb ground chicken
1 Tbsp Herb d'Provence
Salt and Pepper to taste
1/8 cup bread crumbs or Flax seed Mill
2 Tbsp Butter and Olive Oil
1 small onion, sliced
2/3 cup chicken broth
1 Tbsp Gluten-free flour


3 cups frozen crinkle carrots
1 Tbsp Brown sugar
1 tsp ground ginger
Salt and Pepper to taste
1 Tbsp each Butter and Olive Oil
1 Tbsp Squirt or any citrus beverage (Sprite, Orange Juice, Grapefruit Juice, etc)


-->On the stove top, place 2 skillets (both cast iron if available),on medium heat, add butter and olive oil to both.
-->In a large bowl, mix the ground chicken with herbs, salt and pepper, and bread crumbs. Make sure it is well mixed. Divide the meat into 4 patties and place in one of the skillets. Cook for 7 minutes on one side and flip.


--> In the second skillet, add the carrots and season with salt and pepper.


-->Add the onions to the chicken.


-->Once the onions start to caramelize, add the Squirt, brown sugar and ginger to the carrots. Turn the heat to low. Stir frequently.



--> Mix the flour with the warm chicken broth until there are no clumps. Add to the patties. Reduce heat to med-low and let simmer for 10-15, until broth is thickened.


-->Once the sauce is thickened. plate meal and serve with a nice white wine. Pinot Grigio is a good choice. Happy Eating!


Comments

Popular Posts