Mexican Salad

Mexican Salad

This recipe is one of those "I'm hungry so let's just throw something together" recipes. Super quick. Really easy. Fantastically yummy. The perfect trifecta. 
Plus, it's my favorite type of food. Mexican. My go to comfort food. I made this dish the night after my family left. My family lives in 4 different states: North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, and Nevada. Once a year, we make it a point to spend a weekend together. So, I needed some good ole comfort food after they left. From my kitchen, to yours, may you find comfort.

You Will Need: 
1 bag of corn chips
1 lb ground meat
1/2 cup yellow bell pepper, diced
1/2 cup yellow onion, diced
1/2 cup zucchini, diced
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 bag frozen cauliflower
1 Tbsp Olive oil
Shredded lettuce
1 large beef tomato, diced
Seasoning: Salt, pepper, chili powder, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, and oregano.
Garnishes: Sour Cream, Salsa, Avocados, Cheese, Texas Pete Hot Sauce, Texas Pete Cha!

Directions:
--> In a large cast iron skillet on med-low heat, saute peppers, onions, zucchini with Olive oil and season with a pinch of salt, pepper, paprika, chili powder and oregano. Move to a serving bowl.
-->Brown meat and season with salt, pepper, paprika, chili powder, oregano, onion powder, and garlic powder. Move to a serving bowl.
-->Saute black beans and cauliflower and season with salt, pepper, oregano, chili powder, paprika, onion powder and garlic powder.
-->Assemble your salad and garnish with your favorite garnishes.
Happy Eating!




Comments

Popular Posts