Herb Crusted Pork with Roasted Vegetables
You will need:
2-3 lb Pork Roast
1 large onion, chopped
6 large carrots, chopped
3 large potatoes, chopped
1/2 purple cabbage, sliced
2 Tbsp butter
3 Tbsp melted coconut oil
Salt and Pepper to taste
3-4 Tbsp herb d'Provence
1 tsp garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 325*. Line a large baking dish with parchment paper.
- Take the roast and slice it in half. Pat dry, then rub with butter on all sides. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, then rub with herb d'Provence. Making sure the herb covers entire roast, Place in center of baking dish
- In a large bowl, place sliced vegetables, all but cabbage. Mix with 2 Tbsp coconut oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and herb d'Provence. Spread in baking dish, surrounding the pork roast.
- Place the cabbage slices on top of vegetables. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and garlic powder and 1 Tbsp coconut oil.
- Cover with foil and place in the oven. Let cook for 2 1/2 hours covered. Increase oven temperature to 375*. Uncover and bake for another 30 minutes.
- Serve with honey rosemary cornbread and a nice white wine.
- Happy Eating!