Hot Mexican Chicken Salad
You will need:
2 large chicken breast per 4 people, diced
1 zucchini, peeled and sliced
1 medium white onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 can fire roasted tomatoes
1 can diced green chiles
2 Tbsp coconut oil
1 1/2 cup gluten free vegetable broth
juice of one lime
couple of dashed of Texas Pete's Cha!
Salt, Pepper to taste
1/2 tsp each: green chile powder, paprika, red pepper flakes, cilantro
1 head of Red leaf lettuce
1 cucumber, peeled and sliced
1 cup fresh guacamole (recipe to follow)
- In a large skillet, heat the coconut oil on med-hi.
- Saute chicken, onion, zucchini, and garlic. Seasoning each when added.
- When chicken is cooked, but not browned, and onions are soft, add 1/4 cup broth. Simmer until reducted.
- Add black beans and 1/4 cup of broth, simmer until reducted.
- Add tomatoes and green chiles with lime juice, Cha!, and remainder of broth. You will simmer this until the juices form an almost dressing like state.
- While the chicken and vegetables are cooking, tear the lettuce into a large bowl and add the cucumbers.
- Add the chicken and vegetables from the skillet to the lettuce and toss well.
- Serve with the guacamole.
2 ripe avocados
1/4 cup chopped onions
1/4 cup diced tomatoes
2 large cloves garlic
Salt and pepper
- Blend together all ingredients in a food processor to a desired consistency is met.